Sunday, November 3, 2013

Knox: 13 Months


Well I thought I would be so much better about blogging now that I'm a stay at home mom. And here I am blogging after a 4 month hiatus. Mommy-ing is a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be - no complaints! Knox has grown and changed so much since he turned 1, and I am so thankful that I have been able to experience every minute of it.

From 12 - 13 months Knox became quite a little explorer and climber. His favorite discovery was probably the light switch, and he would climb up on the couch or a stool to get to the light switches and turn them on and off repeatedly. Luckily he also learned how to climb down without hurting himself (most of the time).



His father taught Knox to "bobble-head" and he consistently performed this trick when asked. 



Bobblehead from Sara Anderson on Vimeo.

I took Knox to my parents' house in Missouri in mid-July. Knox flew on an airplane for the second time in his life, and although I was nervous about flying by myself with a very active toddler, it turned out to be not so bad. Knox did great while we were on the plane, which was delayed for 2 hours AFTER we boarded. He had fun exploring and making friends as he walked up and down the aisle before we took off, and then slept the entire flight to Branson.

My mom had Knox's cousins, Jacob and Thaine at her house as well for "Nana Camp,"so Knox got to play with his cousins and Nana and PawPaw for several days. He loved playing with my brother's old toys, reading and snuggling with Nana, and splashing around in the sprinkler with PawPaw.




While we were there Knox was recovering from a cold and started throwing up from all the mucus. When we got home we found out he had his first ear infection. The doctor was impressed that he had made it to a year old before having to take an antibiotic. So thankful for a healthy boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment