Monday, October 1, 2012

Knox - 3 Months

Toes and rolls! 
It is hard to believe our little guy is already 3 months old! He continues to bring so much joy to David and me, and we are loving life as a family of three. I am still on maternity leave, and trying to savor every moment left at home with Knox - I go back November 1st and I know that day will be here before I know it.
Knox continues to grow and change by the day! He is really starting to lose that newborn look, and weighs between 13 and 14 lbs - he is quickly outgrowing his 0-3 month clothes.  He is almost always happy and will give a smile to pretty much anyone who smiles at him. He stills wakes up smiling in the morning and loves to give his dad a good show before he heads off to work. One of our favorite things is watching him stretch when we take off his swaddle - his arms immediately pop up as if they are spring loaded.


On Labor Day (September 3rd to be exact), Knox giggled for the first time for our good friend Lisa Hanna. He is still pretty judicious with his laughs, but he will usually giggle when he is on his changing table, when his clothes are pulled over his head, and when he is getting lots of attention from his mommy and daddy.


Knox's legs keep getting chunkier, and he now loves to kick! Even when he's asleep, I see him pumping his legs up and down.


He is getting really good at holding his head up, but still has a bit of a bobble head. 


As you can see, Knox is still not a fan of tummy time and I really need to be better about making him do it. Regardless, when he is laying down he can lift his head to a 90 degree angle now.

Tummy time is better with Daddy.
Although Knox still loves a pacifier, he also now enjoys sucking on his hands and fists. After he is swaddled he works really hard to get his hands free so he can get to those hands. The other day after I put him down for a nap I could hear the velcro on his swaddle ripping from the other room as he wiggled his hands free!


His newest trick is rolling onto his side. So far I've only seen him roll to his left side - another sure sign he will be a lefty like his mom and dad!


Knox continues to be more and more vocal, and I just can't get enough of his sweet little noises! He sometimes makes a "muh muh muh" sound and I know he's not saying "momma" but it sure does sound like it! He is of course more alert now and really good at following us with his eyes as we move around the room. He seems to notice now when we aren't around (in the front seat of the car or in another room) and will fuss until we are back in sight. Confession: he is still sleeping in our room in his bassinet next to my side of the bed. It is so convenient for middle of the night feedings (he is still only waking up once to eat), and to be honest, I just love having him next to me. The plan is to transition him to his crib this month. Sniff sniff! 

Knox still has crazy hair that sticks straight up on the top of his head. We get lots of comments from strangers and friends about that hair! We love it and are in no hurry for it to fall out or start laying down. His eyes are still a dark blue, but I think they are turning brown. Everyone asks who he looks like, and I honestly don't know. Most people think he looks like his daddy.


And here's a picture just because I realized that there are hardly any pictures of me with Knox! I love wrapping him up in this towel after bath time because he looks so stinkin' cute as a little shark.



2 comments:

  1. Precious, precious pictures! I can't believe how fast he's growing! Sure hope we get to see him soon!

    ReplyDelete