Sunday, December 2, 2012

Knox - 5 Months



This has been such a fun age! Knox continues to be an easy going, happy baby and we love how alert and interactive he is now.

Over the course of this month, almost all of Knox's baby hair fell out, including the tuft on top of his head that stuck straight up. All that's left is a little wisp on top, and a strip of hair across the nape of his neck that doesn't rub on anything when he's laying down. We were pretty sad to see his funny newborn hair go, but now we are looking forward to seeing what the new hair will be. At this point it looks pretty dark, so maybe he'll have my hair and his daddy's eyes (they are still a grayish blue).

Much to his father's chagrin, Knox started sucking his thumb not long after he turned 4 months old. He still loves his pacifier, but when it's not around, his thumb goes in his mouth. I have to admit, it's pretty cute. I suspect that next month I'll be announcing that Knox cut his first tooth - he is chewing on everything and doing lots of drooling!


We started putting Knox in the Johnny Jump Up and he immediately loved it. He is getting better and better at jumping and spinning around, and will actually tolerate a good amount of time in it, which means mommy can get a few things done.




Knox has perfected the art of rolling over both ways - tummy to back and back to tummy. He can cover a lot of ground in a short period of time! When he's sleeping he tends to roll over onto his tummy with his face down in the mattress instead of to the side. This makes us super nervous, so we move him from his crib into our room when we go to bed so we can keep an eye on him. After I went back to work Knox started waking up more in the night, and the fastest way to put him back to sleep was to put him in bed with me. So now he spends a big portion of the night in our bed. I used to think parents who let their kids sleep in their were crazy, but now I totally get it!


A sure way to get giggles out of Knox is to play peek-a-boo (jump from behind something and yell "boo"). Here's a video I took the other day - please ignore the annoying, high pitched "boo" sound I'm making.

During this month, Knox had his first Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Anderson Christmas, and attended his first Aggie basketball game. He is also started spending his days away from mommy, as I went back to work on Nov 1. He had a much easier time with it than I did! He is with his Nana or Ms. Dana, so he is in good hands and I know he receives lots of love and attention from them.




No comments:

Post a Comment